Uintas (08-29-09)

This was a small stream filled with brookies. The narrowness of it made it a challenge putting my fly right where it needed to be without startling any fish. It was productive, practically any fly worked. I loved it up there! Can't wait to go back.
Here is a brook trout caught out of Jordan Lake. This is the typical size to expect out of Jordan. This was the first time that I had packed my fly rod into the Uintas. It proved to be better than using my spinning rod. Poor Court didn't catch a thing with it, were I caught on the order of twenty that.
Here is a shot from a ridge above Jordan Lake.
This catch was the highlight of the trip and was pulled out of Le Cante Lake. It is a Arctic Grayling. I love catching species I've never caught before. They are pretty fish with large dorsal fins.
This is a shot of Blue Lake, the last placed we fished before we headed back to camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment